Lesson to Fly
Are you interested in learning to fly – for fun, career or just a one off experience? Then you have come to the right place. Purchase a gift voucher for only $95 for yourself or a friend and enjoy a half hour Trial Instructional Flight in one of our fantastic sports aircraft.
Situated in the picturesque Murray Lands along the Mighty Murray River you will depart Murray Bridge Airport and take to the skies with one of our very experienced instructors.
RPA is an RA-Aus Approved Training Centre with over 23 years of experience in the business of recreational flight training. We are enthusiastic about teaching others to fly and can’t wait to teach you.
- Flight training includes flying and classroom briefings.
- Training usually starts with a 30 minute trial flight, which involves a short classroom briefing, free temporary membership with RA-Aus (Recreational Aviation Australia), then the trial flight.
- Once you start your training, the flights with your instructor are booked at times that fit with your busy schedule. Three hours of training are permitted before you commit to join the RA-Aus. Your training progress is at your pace whether it is once a week or fulltime every day.
- The training program works through a structured syllabus involving lessons dual flight training.
- The first written exam is the pre-solo exam. A pass in this exam together with your dual flying training with your instructor to solo standard, allows you to go for your first solo flight. A very memorable time!
- After the first solo flight a combination of dual and solo flight training continues to achieve the proficiency required for the Pilot Certificate flight test. During this time, four multi choice exams are to be passed. Exams are Air legislation, Radio, Human Factors and Basic Aeronautical Knowledge (BAK).
Recreational Pilot Requirements
- Recreational Aviation Australia (RA-Aus) requires a minimum of 20 hours training (of which at least 5 are solo) for a licence. Medical standards are equivalent to what is required for a motor vehicle licence.
- Students can fly solo from 15 years of age.
All licences are renewable every two years. This involves passing a Biennial Flight Review (BFR) which is effective from your last flight test as recorded in your log book.
Flight Training Cost
$195 per hour / $145 per Hire & Fly